What Are Forest Schools?
Originally pioneered in Scandinavia with a focus on learning through play, Forest Schools are growing in popularity throughout the UK.
At Green Trees Forest School we believe in empowering children and young people to reach their full potential through outdoor learning. In a world of technology, we want children to rediscover the joy of the outdoors and their right to play!
Through play, children develop in confidence and self-esteem which leads to a greater sense of self-worth. Through hands on learning we help children to experience and discover the outdoors with opportunities to achieve and develop in a new and fresh way.
Benefits of Forest Schools
Children can gain many benefits from participating in Forest School learning, both academically and socially.
- Foster mentally and emotionally healthy attitudes
- Increase confidence in abilities
- Encourage curiosity and enthusiasm for tasks
- Help children re-connect with nature and the environment
- Increase creative thinking and inventive thought